PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.friendsinneed.org.uk is a site operated by Depression Alliance (“We”). We are a registered UK charity. Registration number: 4253700.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING OUR SITE AND REGISTRATION
All users may only access, browse and post on the site once they have registered. Our site is made available free of charge to registered users.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
You may terminate your registration at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. However, content that you have uploaded to the site may still appear on the site and the server following termination of your registration.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We (and our partners and sponsors) are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
We respect your intellectual property rights and the intellectual property rights of other users. In uploading content created by you (“User Content”) you therefore warrant and confirm that: (a) the User Content is your original creation and you have the right to authorise us to use and distribute the User Content in accordance with these terms and conditions; and (b) if you have used or feature anyone else’s work, for example, photographs, text, music etc. in the User Content, you have obtained and paid (if required) for all relevant authorisations and consents to do so.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensor’s.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on our site whether provided by us or by other site users (including any medical information) is provided for general information only or as a sharing of personal experience. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. For medical matters, the information on our site is not medical diagnosis or treatment and is not a substitute for consultation with a qualified medical practitioner.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied and all liability (whether direct or indirect) for actions or failure to take action to extent the same is as a result of access to our site or as a consequence of access to our site.
We (and our partners and sponsors) will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
Use of, or inability to use, our site; or exposure to or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We (and our partners and sponsors) will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We (and our partners and sponsors) assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
GROUPS AND MEET UPS
The site provides tools that enable our users to arrange physical meetings in groups at venues that include, but are not limited to, public parks or private enterprises (such as coffee shops or retail stores). We (and our partners and sponsors) have no control over these meet ups. For example, we do not control who can attend, their identity or history, do not control venue or transport, do not supervise these group meet ups and are not involved in any way with the actions of any individuals at these group meet ups. As a result, we have no guarantee over the identity, actions or behaviour of the individuals who are present at these group meet ups, and we request that our users exercise caution and good judgement when attending these group meet ups. We (and our partners and sponsors) take no responsibility or liability for any such meetings and will not be responsible or liable for resolution of any disputes among users or any other aspect of group meet ups. Please refer to our guidelines for more information.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our site guidelines.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our site guidelines.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values or those of our partners and sponsors.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be framed on any other site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our site guidelines.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We (and our partners and sponsors) have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
The site guidelines sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.friendsinneed.co.uk (our site).
The site guidelines applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site. Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in the site guidelines, which supplement our Terms & Conditions. www.friendsinneed.co.uk is a site operated by Depression Alliance (“We”). We are a registered UK charity. Registration number: 4253700.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
FORUM AND OTHER INTERACTIVE SERVICES
We may from time to time provide various interactive services on our site, including, without limitation the online forum any other interactive services which form part of the site from time to time.
The purpose of the forum is to create a safe, supportive environment where users can share experiences and provide support to each other through respectful communication.
The site will be moderated Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm and at various intervals outside of office hours and throughout the weekend.
Please note this is not a crisis forum and it is not monitored/moderated 24/7. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
You can report any abuse or complain about content on the site or a user’s behaviour in the forum by clicking on the ‘flag as inappropriate’ link. This will then be automatically passed along to our moderation team, who will review it and make a decision on the appropriate action to take. The decision and action taken by the moderator and administrator is final.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Treat other users of the site including administrators with courtesy, respect and fairness.
- Use a similar standard of language to what you might hear on a major family-oriented TV or radio network.
- Apply common sense, courtesy and good judgement as to standards of conduct on our forums and other interactive services
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be mean-spirited, uncivil or likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us (or our partners and sponsors), if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Must not Include swear words, strong language or vulgarity.
- Do not threaten suicide. We are not equipped to deal with crises of this nature. It puts a huge burden on others in these discussions when someone threatens self-harm and there is nothing they can do. You can access information on further help if you are feeling suicidal by clicking on the Need Urgent Help button.
- Promote commercial activities (including competitions and advertising).
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of the site guidelines through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with the site guidelines constitutes a material breach of the terms & conditions upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of the site guidelines. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE SITE GUIDELINES
We may revise the site guidelines at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in the site guidelines may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR USER CONTRIBUTIONS
Please be aware when choosing what to post on the site you are solely responsible for, and bear all liability in relation to, that content. Neither we nor our partners or sponsors endorse any opinions expressed by you or other users.
You agree that under no circumstances will we, our officer, trustees or our partners or sponsors be liable in any way for any content posted by you or other users, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any content posted on the site.
To contact us, please email email@example.com